Popups are among the most effective lead generation and conversion tools.
However, in order to achieve the most ideal results, you must follow these tips when creating your popups. These tips distinguish properly-designed, high-converting, and appealing popups from obtrusive, annoying popups.
Know the needs of your target audience.
Popups that are created with customers in mind produce better results. This implies that they are impactful, non-intrusive, interesting, and clearly beneficial to visitors.
To enhance your popup ads, you have to first identify what makes them interesting and appealing from your visitor’s perspective. Gather as much information on your target audience by conducting in-depth market research.
According to eCommerce research, the leading motivators for shoppers to finalise a transaction are free delivery (49%), freebies & discounts (38.5%), and user ratings (29.5%).
This is no different for your site visitors.
In this instance, popups with discounts, free delivery, or social proof are likely to be useful to your visitors.
Clearly define your objectives.
The next stage is to come up with a campaign goal or objective. This objective will centre on your business’s needs and will enable you to assess the campaign’s efficacy.
The following are some of the most common objectives for popup campaigns:
- Boost sales
- Increase the number of visitors to specific pages on your website.
- Retrieve shopping carts that have been abandoned.
- Increase customer awareness of discounts and promotional offers.
- Enhance participation in rewards programs.
- Boost conversion rates.
Consider the following scenario:
Assuming you want to boost lead generation. During your research, you discovered that offering a discount to first-time visitors increases their likelihood of converting. The popup campaign in this scenario should offer discounts in return for email addresses.
- Here are some best practices for popups:
- Emphasize the most important benefits in your copy.
- Include a “sign up for email” button to enjoy the discount.
Here’s an example:
Choose the Ideal Popup Template
When it comes to getting the right results, the manner you show your popup campaign is crucial. This is due to the fact that each popup template has its own set of benefits and drawbacks, as well as varying impacts on the visitor’s experience.
The following are examples of popular popups:
- Website bars
- Video popups
- Mobile popups
- Slide-in popups
- Spin-to-win (wheel popups)
Using the right popup template tool, you can design any of these styles. If you’d like to see an example of LeadForza’s popup template, here it is:
Strategies for choosing popups include:
- Website bars are excellent for delivering important updates and announcements.
- Mobile popups are ideal for smartphone users.
- Spin-the-wheel popups are intended for competitions and freebies
- Embeds are great if you would like to include popups in your website’s copy.
- Full-screen and middle-of-the-screen popups are great for capturing visitors’ interest.
Tailor the layout of the popup to your website.
An effective popup will always look like an organic part of the website. This eliminates the impression that it’s an intrusive ad. That’s why sticking to popup best practices is crucial.
The following are some of the best practices for popups:
- Incorporate the colours of your website into your popup design.
- Craft a popup text that reflects your brand’s tone of voice.
- Use fonts that match your brand guidelines.
Make the CTA in the popup stand out
Call-to-action (CTA) buttons are essential for a successful conversion. A bold and accessible CTA increases your chances of reaching your objectives.
Here are some tips:
- Use a colour that stands out.
- Craft text that is action-oriented.
- Make use of the first-person view.
- Focus on the positive impact on customers.
Here’s an example:
Make Popups Responsive to Mobile Devices
If you want to get the most out of your popups, you need to make sure they look good on mobile devices. Popup software, like LeadForza, makes it easy to create mobile-friendly popups.
Gamify the Experience
In the world of marketing, gamification is a hot topic. Customers enjoy an engrossing experience, so this strategy can boost engagement and conversion rates.
And, surprise, surprise—
Popups are an excellent — and well-proven — strategy to gamify the website visitor experience.
Here’s an example:
Add a Countdown to Urge People to Take Action
Your popup campaigns will have a stronger sense of urgency if you add a counter. According to some studies, popup countdowns can boost conversions by up to 147 per cent.
Popups are a great way for businesses to improve their marketing and sales results. They attract leads, enhance promotional awareness and so forth.
Use the ideas from this article in your next campaign to see how you can better the user experience and meet your objectives.
When you use a popup solution like LeadForza, you can easily create popups that follow these industry standards.